Saturday, September 10, 2011

vending machines



Cigarettes and Coke!

There are vending machines literally every 20 ft.

There's an energy drink called Lifeguard

so many choices!

Grape Mountain Dew, I wasn't sure but I don't think we have that flavor in America.

Robot looking drink cans

Coke Products!

I have yet to come across any absurd vending machines, but I've heard about many. I might have to do a google search for strange vending machines in Japan. Eating on the street (while you're just walking along, etc) is something that is not done in Japan, or at least Tokyo. It's perfectly legal, it's just frowned upon. Which is why the majority of the vending machines are filled with drinks. Smoking is the same, there are certain designated smoking areas or tobacco shops that let you smoke, but you won't see someone walking down the street and smoking a cigarette. I did see one guy doing that, but he looked like a rebel. I think if you try to buy cigarettes from a vending machine you have to scan a card to prove your age? I haven't actually tried so I'm not too sure of the rules.

No comments:

Post a Comment