Saturday, September 3, 2011

Engrish

I saw many examples of Engrish today, the definition of Engrish as given by wikipedia 'refers to unusual forms of English language usage originating in some East Asian countries'. I can guarantee I'll be posting one or two of these a week until they become a part of my daily life. There were two shirts I read that I didn't have time to take a picture of, one said 'meet the creeper' and another said 'assassin the manager'. Both were sparkly letters written on women's tshirts.. but here are a few photos from today! Fair warning they might be a smidge explicit..
these were mostly graphic t shirts, except for the one that says Car is Over. I'm thinking that could be the next Maaco slogan!


The shirt at the top says Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish and the one on the bottom says Take Your Favorite Design on Tee You Like.



I really have no idea what this this is, but from the looks of it, I think it's padded underwear for white/asian men. We stared at it for awhile trying to figure it out but then we started to get funny looks so we had to put it down and walk away.


There were a bunch of T-sharts.. mostly logos and designs but a few had Engrish on them. My favorite is the one below. The British students didn't catch the 't-shart' bit, which added to my amusement.






No comments:

Post a Comment