Friday, September 2, 2011

typhoon!


I've just been informed that this weekend a typhoon is headed towards Japan! yikes.. but I was told not to worry because for Tokyo that just means the possibility of heavy rainfall. Today was my first day to truly experience the weather in Tokyo. It's hot. and very humid. I would say the humidity is worse than Georgia, but in all honestly it's probably the same. I've been told multiple times about how it rains often in Japan and an umbrella is something you should always have with you. Maybe it's cause I'm American but I've always preferred raincoats to umbrellas, but after a day I've come to learn that in Japan umbrellas are so much more practical! It starts raining, you pop open your umbrella and carry on about your business. Or if you're an older Japanese woman you don't bother closing the umbrella because you never know when it's going to start raining and if its not raining you've got a lovely sun shade. Heaven forbid the sun touch their skin! Plus after it rains, the already humid day just becomes increasingly more humid. Now I know why Japanese prefer umbrellas, but I haven't quite figured out yet why the men wear suits in the middle of summer and the women walk around in leggings, a dress, and a sweater.

No comments:

Post a Comment