Sunday, September 11, 2011

UVM reunion

My friend Patrick is going to school at Aoyama Gakuin, which is a school nearby. He arrived in Tokyo a few days ago and we had the opportunity to meet up this weekend! It was really cool to see a familiar face. His is a face that I associate with Japanese class at the University of Vermont, so seeing him in Japan was especially strange but really, really great. We met at Shibuya Station, and walked around and explored Shibuya. He also has a blog so I'm sure we're going to be doing a similar blog post about hanging out. We probably have the same pictures, too.




We tried to find the strangest thing on the menu, we went with roasted potatoes and squid guts.


The squid guts weren't terrible.. definitely not something I'd crave though. Imagine what you think squid guts would taste like, and you're probably dead on. Very salty and a chewy, rubbery texture. A piece that I ate had some suckers on the tentacles, that made me shudder a bit when I was chewing.


We were on a mission to find a cool place to hang out once our other friend Molly gets to Tokyo! She's going to school at Toyo University though so she's a bit farther away from us. 

No comments:

Post a Comment