Tuesday, September 27, 2011

groceries

One of these days I need to take a Japanese friend to the grocery store with me. There are so many things that I want to try but I have no idea what they are. I also haven't mastered the art of Japanese cooking so I've been sticking to the basics (rice, noodles, curry). Maybe it's because I'm still a poor college student, but I find myself buying fruits at one store, bread at another store, juice from the store across the street, etc. Going to the grocery is definitely not as quick and easy as it was back home.


I was tempted to buy these just cause they looked so pretty! I also feel like I've been told they are a good source of vitamin C.. don't quote me on that one.


Squid


 

The fish that aren't wrapped are significantly cheaper.. 


Fish heads! I think the eyeballs are good for you but I might be making that one up, too.

The juice and milk cartons drive me nuts. I've always hated paper cartons, I can never open them cleanly and the paper gets kind of soggy after a couple days.. 

It's pomegranate juice and the bottles are the same, but  in America it's pomwonderful and in Japan it's zakwonderful

No comments:

Post a Comment