Thursday, September 8, 2011

原宿 (はらじゅく) Harajyuku


Since school gets out at 12:20pm and we have no other classes, that means our days are wide open after lunch to do as we please! Tokyo is such a big city that there is so much to explore! I keep forgetting that I'm going to be here for an entire year. I feel like I'm on a vacation and I have to jam pack my days full of adventure to make the most of them. Today's adventure lead me to Harajuku. I'm sure most of you have at least heard of Harajuku thanks to Gwen Stefani and her Harajuku Girls. It's famous for its crazy fashion. 




 



She's wearing two different colored shoes, how embarrassing! 


The girls working at the stores shout いらっしゃいませ! (welcome to the store!) as people walk past their shops. They all seem to shout it in the exact same nasally, high pitched voice, too.


The shopping bag says 'freak's store', There is a mn in the background wearing a blazer, superman tshirt, and flowery shorts. Possibly a skirt? I couldn't tell. Doesn't really matter though because anything goes in Harajyuku!

The one with the bright hair in the black is a boy.. He had on some crazy wooden clog type heels, that I don't even think I could manage to walk in. Very impressive.

No comments:

Post a Comment