Sunday, September 18, 2011

Japanese Cell Phones

 Japanese cell phones are so incredibly different from American phones. The phone that I have is free with the basic plan that I bought. In America, the free phones are not very exciting, they can make calls, send text messages, and that's about it. The basic Japanese phone is way more exciting! They can use the internet (although that costs extra), they send emails, send texts, and make phone calls. They also have really nice cameras.. my little camera on my phone is an 8.1 megapixel camera! I have my phone currently set to English, but it still lets me send and receive emails in Japanese. My buddy will send me emails in Japanese,  it's definitely helping me with my reading skills. Although occasionally I'll have no idea what she's asking me and I have to get someone else to translate it for me.. Overall it's been good practice though! The other thing about Japanese cell phones is that for once it's cool to accessorize. It's common to see guys with teddy bears or daffy duck stuffed animals dangling off their phones, very unlike America. Also it seems like every other store cells phone charms, or glittery jewels for decorating.

These are iphone cases


cell phone charms!



anyone want me to send them a hello kitty iphone case?
 
So many colors to choose from!


They take their phones seriously in Japan

I think this is a 'simple' phone for youngsters or elderly. I'm guessing that from the picture though so your guess is as good as mine. We decorated our phones in the dorm, we all sat in the kitchen with jewels and glue and had a craft party. Here are some of the finished products:

I think this one takes the cake for most sparkly. 


Classy


Simple yet stylish


Mine! I didn't want to go overboard on the sparkles


Japanese phone compared to my American phone

It's hard to tell but those are teeny tiny fruit slices.


The super sparkly phone in action. It hurts your eyes if you look at it for too long


No comments:

Post a Comment