Sunday, September 11, 2011

六本木 ろっぽんぎ Roppongi


After school I was invited to hang out with one of the Japanese buddies. We had no set game plan so we decided to go someplace we hadn't been yet, so we chose Roppongi! Roppongi is a rich neighborhood, it's where many international businesses are located, and it is also known for its nightlife and clubbing scene. We went during the day, but eventually I do want to go at night (preferably in a big group, with people that speak fluent Japanese) but I don't think I'm ready for that. Apparently in 2009 and 2010 there were a series of incidents of customers reporting being drugged and robbed, the US Embassy was warning citizens to avoid certain bars. Interesting. As I said, I want to experience the nightlife in Roppongi but I'll definitely have to keep my wits about me.

Outside courtyard of Roppongi Hills, a really nice shopping area as well as office park

Can't remember the name of the artist, but she was French and there was a similar spider like this one in the Boston Moma when I went with my mama a few years ago..

Inside of Roppongi Hills, they have really high end stores but it's basically a mall
プリクラ! (Puri-Kura) It's basically a photobooth, you go in and take a bunch of photos and then once you're done you decorate the photos and you get a print out. They have different ones but almost every single one has the 'make your eyes big' selection. Seems like Japanese girls (and guys!) do this all the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment