Wednesday, September 14, 2011

お菓子 おかし(okashi) Snacks!

 Japanese candy and snacks come in all sorts of yummy (and not so yummy) flavors! Right now, there's been a lot of trial and error, guess and check, hit or miss, whatever you want to call it. I'm pretty much buying strange things based on the packaging. Sometimes I can read words on the boxes, (I know the character for cow, so that helps when I'm buying milk) but mostly I try and guess flavors based on the pictures.

The orange juice here tastes more like Sunny D than orange juice.. But the apple juice is really good!
Classic Japanese snack, American sized!


Genghis Khan Caramels, have yet to give these a shot. That flavor of caramel just doesn't appeal to me for some reason, I hate to be boring but I'll stick with original.

 They really love their caramels here. The flavor choices here are butter, corn, vegetable juice, and grape fruit! 


Vermont Curry! (in Japan it's pronounced baamonto instead of Vermont.)


Japanese snacks are mostly savory and cracker like. They don't really overdose on sugar


No comments:

Post a Comment