Sunday, September 4, 2011

Tokyu Hands - A Creative Life Store

 
My mom told me countless times that when I was in Tokyo I have to go to a store called Tokyu Hands, because it was one of her favorites. Ambling through Shibuya, we came across one and I made the group stop because we had to go in and explore. Even if we didn't like it I had to be able to tell my mom that I at least went into one. Now that I've been in one, I am absolutely in love with it! They have floors and floors of stuff. So much stuff. They advertise so well that you walk out with gadgets and gizmos of things you didn't even know you needed! (And in reality probably don't) I managed to walk out of Tokyu Hands without making any purchases, simply because I know that I will have plenty of time to go back, and when I do I'll try really really hard not to get suckered into buying unnecessary  things. I did take some pictures though, and I did get told that taking pictures was not allowed.. oops. The thing is, the Japanese are so polite they won't come up to you until after you've already taken a picture or two. And since I'm a foreigner, they assume I don't speak a word of Japanese so instead they simply point to my camera while making an X with their hands, and then apologize profusely. I'm used to being yelled at so it's kind of a nice change. I know I'm taking advantage of them.. but I'm sacrificing for the pictures. You're welcome. 

So many pens in so many different shades of every color imaginable! Glad I'm not colorblind.. haha

because everyone in Japan needs post it notes in the shape of Mt. Fuji


 
And you also need one of these.


definitely coming back here for some major back to school shopping


so many different types, shapes, and colors of post it notes!

This one's a bunch of cell phone charms.. I found out the hard way that they are also rape whistles. I was pushing buttons because one button lights up and I discovered that the other one makes a very loud, very shrill beeping noise. Luckily after about a minute we found the off switch..





No comments:

Post a Comment