Sunday, September 11, 2011

Disney Sea!

My designated Japanese Buddy, Yuko, invited me to hang out on Friday. I was excited but hesitant because she invited me to Disney Sea, which I figured would be expensive and it was just the two us. But then she told me that Friday was her birthday and she wanted to hang out with me so we did. She met me at the school when I finished my class and we took the train to Tokyo Disney Land! It wasn't as crowded as I was expecting but later in the day the park became a lot more crowded. The only difference between Disney Land and Disney Sea that I could gather was that at Disney Sea you could buy alcohol, so more adults came to Disney Sea. It was fun though! Good bonding time with Yuko, and since I didn't have any other native English speakers I was forced to practice my Japanese. 

There was a ride called Journey to the Center of the Earth, it was a pretty ride and there was a dramatic drop off type of deal at the end. It was inside the volcano!

There were many parades and shows that took place on the water front

crazy outfits from the parade

This is what a Japanese horse looks like

This is a Flounder (fish from the Little Mermaid) hat, you can't really tell though.

It was super sunny so it was hard to take pictures

Everyone comes decked out in their Disney clothing and character ears

This is Yuko, she turned 20!

She brought me an extra pair of ears to borrow. She was surprised to hear that in America people don't really walk around the parks with character ears on.


Yuko's mom works for Disney so she gets a discount for the park tickets, but that didn't even matter because her mom gave her money to pay for both of our tickets! I tried to refuse but she wouldn't let me pay for anything! She also invited me to sleep over at her house because it was going to be a late night and her mom wants to meet me. She is the sweetest! Unfortunately I had to be responsible since we had a class field trip early Saturday morning and I didn't want to trouble her with helping me get to where I needed to go super early. She is going to help me with my Japanese and I'm going to help her with her English! We've got a deal worked out.

No comments:

Post a Comment