Friday, February 17, 2012

スノーケル! Snorkeling!


 Emelie and I were lucky enough to get a few hours worth of snorkeling in during our little Okinawan holiday. It was amazing! There were so many beaches and coves everywhere that we weren't sure where the best place to snorkel would be...  but we asked as many people as possible and they all said the best place was just out by the sea wall. So as soon as the sun came out that's where we headed. The water was actually warm (for the most part. I'll admit I am a little bit of a beach brat.. I'm used to the white sandy beaches of Florida..) I was also lucky to have switched camera's with my mom before I left for Japan.. she had a waterproof, shockproof, freezeproof, basically idiot proof camera while mine was just a pretty color. It came in handy! Prepare yourself for the ridiculous amount of underwater pictures we took. A lot of them will look similar.. since we kind of just stalked the fish and took pictures.


Blue Starfish!


We managed to snorkel in our bathing suits, a t-shirt, and sneakers while all around us were scuba divers looking official in their wet-suits and scuba gear. 


Theme of the day was blue.


This is me about to dive in..

Just kidding. It's me being a chicken and not wanting to dive into the cold, cold water. Eventually I went in though!










proof that I went in the water





This little guy was cool. We stalked him for quite some time.






family of blue fish!




When we went in the water was a bit rough.. It was low tide so very shallow and then the waves would knock you down right into the reef. Being the graceful gal that I am, I struggled quite a bit.


My legs were all sorts of cut up and bleeding once we got out of the water.


Emelie seemed to manage a little better in the coral reef than I did.


Snorkeling was so much fun though and I'm glad we got the chance to do it! It was nice to be able to dry off in the sunshine afterwards!

No comments:

Post a Comment