Monday, February 20, 2012

Skiing in Nagano

Only in Japan can you snorkel and ski all in the same week! Well, that might not be entirely true but it's what I did! We got back from Okinawa on a Tuesday and then left for a day of skiing in Nagano that Thursday. Since we only went for the day we had to wake up early to catch the Shinkansen to Nagano... We caught the first train at 5:10am and then made our way to Tokyo Station to catch the Shinkansen... which was delayed when we got there. We had to wait around until about 8am before we could take the train.. wasn't the most fun I'd had. But luckily that was the only problem that we'd encountered that day.  By Shinkansen it took about an hour to get to Nagano and then we took a bus to the mountain. 


We rented everything! Japan is so convenient.


Keep in mind I've never been skiing in my life. I tried snowboarding once but that's an entirely different story. Out of our group only about three people had skied before.


There was a lot of trial and error before I figured out how to actually stop and turn and all that basic skiing stuff.


In the morning it was very overcast but eventually the sun came out!


I fell down a lot. Luckily my friends were ready with the camera for those moments. 




No comments:

Post a Comment