Thursday, February 16, 2012

Laxin' in Okinawa!

While in Okinawa I got the chance to play some lacrosse! First time since I've been in Japan! Alex plays lacrosse on Camp Foster (marine base) every Sunday. The turn-out varies, usually there are more boys than girls but this Sunday there was a decent sized turn out. We were able to play a game of 7 on 7 and it was so much fun! The girls were all around my age and played at Ryukyu University, and the boys varied from Japanese college kids to marines. It was so much fun, plus it made me realize that I definitely miss playing lacrosse. 

My friend Emelie has never played lacrosse and though she did give it a try, she ended up just being the team cheerleader and photographer. 


It was a mix of levels, but overall everyone was really good! At least able to catch and throw. And yes, that one kid is playing lacrosse in jeans. 


It was a friendly game, but clumsyness and accidents do happen. Two of the girls got in the way of shots and kind of got whacked in the head and face, and I fell down about every 5 minutes. I think my team won though. 


Sibling warm up!






No comments:

Post a Comment