Thursday, February 16, 2012

Pineapple Park

 As promised in my previous post... Pineapple Park! I think I pretty much summed it up in my last post though. This was a detour on our way to Beach Rock Village, Alex had been once before with Aya (fun fact: she hates pineapples!). And Emelie had read about it on a website listing things to do in Okinawa. We were sold when Alex told us about the all the free samples at the end of the tour. Not only did we eat our weight in pineapple, we also sampled pineapple wine, pineapple juice, pineapple cookies, pineapple cakes, pineapple chocolate, pineapple chips, you name it. I had so much pineapple that I think I can happily manage to go the rest of the year without eating any!

This was our pineapple themed golf cart. It had a steering wheel but it magically drove it self around the park. All we had to do was sit in it and look pretty. 


The jungle before the pineapple fields.


Lucky for me, I chose the best day to wear my yellow sweatshirt.


Here's a group photo of us looking pretty in the pineapple cart.


There was a lot of nature we had to go through in order to make it to the free samples.
 
 
 
Quite a lot. Keep in mind it was still early in the day

Tim was so excited about pineapple park that he recorded a video! If I can get my hands on a copy of it I will be sure to upload it here for your viewing pleasure!



The pineapple's were tiny since it's not exactly their peak season right now.






A freakishly large (fake) pineapple!

Pineapple park mascot.

No comments:

Post a Comment