Friday, July 27, 2012

The Countdown Begins!

My last week is really hectic - I can barely find the time to pack! We have to cancel our phones, bank accounts, health insurance, say our farewells, all while trying to enjoy our remaining time together! It doesn't help that it's just about to be the summer festival season in Japan - one of the best times in Japan - so we're trying to enjoy the fireworks, shaved ice, and festival atmosphere while we can. I'm starting to realize how lucky I am to know and have met so many good people in Japan. There are so many people in Japan that I want to see before I leave that I'm literally squeezing in everyone, any chance I get. 


Suda Sensei has been so great to me, her entire family has welcomed me into their family since I first came to Japan my summer after 1st grade. Suda Sensei's sister (when I first met her she was the cool teenager that I wanted to be like) is now a mother of two!! It's hard to believe, but she's still the same, just went from a cool teenager to a cool mom now.  Suda Sensei's mother has always been so kind to me as well, I remember her teaching me how to sew... I still can't really sew but I have proof that I did learn once! 



No comments:

Post a Comment