Saturday, July 14, 2012

Just a normal day in Tokyo

I promised my mom that I would make an effort to post once a day in my last remaining weeks here. I don't know how great I will be at keeping that promise but I will definitely do my best. Most days I am out and about or busy sorting my life out - balancing school, homework, work, fun, etc. (oh, my life is so hard...) Usually I only try to put up interesting pictures of things I do but I guess since I'm in a foreign country even the ordinary things can be interesting sometimes.  


Finally got to sleep in a little bit today! Woke up around 9:30am for coffee time (with Emelie.. It really is  starting to look like I have no other friends..) & a breakfast of jelly (jell-o, if you're American) and some granola. Not quite the traditional Japanese breakfast of rice, miso soup, and fish.. 


I met up with my old teacher, Suda Sensei, and went to lunch at a nice sushi place in Shibuya. Originally had planned to meet with another old teacher, Baba Sensei, but something came up and she was unable to attend. It was a nice relaxing lunch with my teacher, and we were able to catch up since I hadn't seen her for awhile. After our lunch I met Emelie (surprise, surprise) in Shibuya and we attempted to shop for gifts to take back home... but it was so hot and humid that we didn't last very long. Also Shibuya on a weekend is a nightmare - too crowded to really do anything so we just went back home. 


On the way home we went to the supermarket - our supermarket of choice is called the co-op and it's located on the basement floor of a building right next to Okusawa train station. There are a few mom and pop shops on the first floor of this building and we always walk past this one shop in particular that sells items of some sort. The important part is that this shop has Nancy, the creepiest mannequin I've ever seen. 


Supermarkets in Japan all play little jingles and tunes that get stuck in your head for the rest of the day. The co-op's got one song in particular that we've practically memorized now. Usually we dance a bit on the escalator down to co-op but today we opted for a photo instead. You're welcome, Pampers!


No comments:

Post a Comment