Monday, July 30, 2012

Cruise!

Sunday, I met my mom's two cousin's, Tatsuru & Yutaka, in Shin-kiba at 10am for a bit of a boat outing! Shin-kiba station is about 45 minutes from my dorm, and the boat was about docked at a marina about 10 minutes from the station. 

To be honest, I wasn't entirely sure what to expect but after I met them at the station and we did all the necessary introductions we made our way to the boat - quite a nice boat! Altogether there were about 10 of us.

We had a bit of finger food and champagne before setting off to cruise around Tokyo Bay... it was nice to experience this side of Tokyo life for once! Tatsuru's friend owned the boat, this cruise was part birthday celebration for another friend and celebration for a professional Go player. Go is a game, played with black and white stones on a grid/box.


The boat cruised around Tokyo Bay - passed under the famous rainbow bridge in Odaiba!

The owner of the boat, laying anchor in front of the Fuji TV office building in Odaiba. We anchored here for a bit of lunch, and an acoustic concert by Yutaka and Megumi Akatsuki.

The woman in the white shirt was the professional Go player and the man in the middle was celebrating his birthday! I wish I could remember their names..



暁月めぐみ(Akatsuki Megumi) &浅野佑悠輝 (Asano Youki)


Mid-concert photo of me and the uncles/cousins/family members.

At the end of the day I was taught the rules of Go! Just about everyone on the boat was some kind of Go professional apart from Akatsuki Megumi, Yutaka (stage name- Asano Youki), and me. The rules of Go are simple enough but it's definitely a strategy type of game. Also a bit difficult to play on a boat - the stones kept sliding around everywhere.


Learning from the professional -  http://gree.jp/mannami_nao  (sorry it's all in Japanese)


Sitting in the beautiful sunshine! I was ready to get some sun but most Japanese women try to avoid it to the best of their ability so we didn't sit outside for too long.


No comments:

Post a Comment