Thursday, July 19, 2012

Samurai in Shibuya

After my final exam for Japanese (finally over!!) Emelie, Dan, and I went to Shibuya to do a little shopping for climbing Mt. Fuji. We sound prepared, don't we? I'm lucky to have one of my students (friend of friend) lend me a headlamp(since we'll hike through the night), a windbreaker, backpack, gloves, and a few other things he said I'd need. When I told him we weren't staying in a mountain hut (the recommended way to hike is to go up during the day and have a rest in a little hut until about midnight and then continue up to the peak for the sunrise) he genuinely looked concerned for my safety, but he told me to がんばれ!(ganbare!) which is one of those hard to translate phrases that means something like do your best! 

Samurai... up-to-date.. not entirely sure what they mean by that


Right next to the up-to-date Samurai, you can also buy souvenirs from a vending machine! How convenient!  Maybe a few of you will get lucky...


No comments:

Post a Comment