Thursday, July 12, 2012

代官山(daikanyama) bed cafe!

Went to a cafe in Daikanyama (the fashionable little section of Tokyo with the great bookstore!) called Chano-mama. Not entirely sure what the name means but the best way to describe this place is that it's a bed cafe! It might be one of those 'only in Tokyo' things because I'd never heard of such a thing before but it was a really nice little cafe! A bit pricey (500yen for a coffee/$7) for my cheap, on a student budget taste but the cafe had such a nice atmosphere. We went in the evening so there were candles and soft lighting but it felt like a place where I could easily bring a good book, stay all day, and just read for hours. Then again, I suppose I could just do the same thing at home, without strangers in my bed.. 

The bed seating areas along the wall. And as custom in Japan, you take your shoes off before hopping up onto the beds. For those of you wanting to leave your shoes on, the cafe did offer regular table seating. 




They also provided blankets, which made it all the more cozy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment