Friday, January 27, 2012

Art Gallery

 My first semester at Meiji Gakuin University is finally coming to a close! I don't know why I said finally because these past 4 months have been flying by. I've definitely become used to life in Japan by now but at the same time there is still so much that I need to do/see/experience before I go back to the States! Anyways, the school year is different in Japan: fall semester starts in September and goes until January, and then Spring Break, then Spring semester starts back up again in mid-April. Haven't fully decided what to do during my spring break (best time for traveling! - Lots of my friends are trekking up to Hokkaido to see the famous Sapporo Snow Festival, I opted out of that one since A. it's expensive! and B. my brother is in Okinawa... free place to stay! I am still a student after all) But we'll see! I still have one more essay to finish before I can say I'm officially done with school..


This is my Sumi-e class, all of us with our final projects. There are usually more people in this class but this was the last day of class so only about a third of us showed up. My teacher is the lady in the grey sweater on the bottom left. 


All of our final projects were hung up on display in the cafeteria. 


Emelie and her final piece (it's a peacock)


Me and my final piece. (it's an elephant)


Jen and her final piece (koi fish in a pond)


Sophie and her final piece (it's an owl)




No comments:

Post a Comment