Sunday, January 8, 2012

テレビ TV!

There is a TV show in Japan that is called 逃走中(tousouchuu). Apparently there is an American version of the game called, Run For the Money. It airs about 9 times a year, and it's really entertaining! There are maybe 20 people at the beginning and they are dressed in brightly colored clothing, and their main objective is to run away from the 'hunters' until a certain amount of time passes and then they get money! Sounds easy, right? Well, usually the escapees are celebrities and the hunters are athletes. The video clip below might help you visualize it a little bit better. For one of my classes I had to do a presentation on a Japanese tv or movie. My group decided to present on this game. For our presentation we made a movie depicting our version of the game... I wouldn't call it a masterpiece. It's basically just us fooling around in front of the dorm on a Saturday.



This is our version, starring Emelie and me as escapees and Takashi as a hunter.


Anyways! The first 逃走中of the new year was on tv last night and we watched it, not exactly realizing just how long this show is. It started at 7pm and went until about 10pm. It was worth it though. The best part was that while watching this show, I realized that this episode was filmed at Edo Mura! It was a place I had just recently been to so watching them run around a place I could easily recognize was pretty cool. 



Also- another exciting side note! Pampers, Big T, and I were recently interviewed in Shibuya for Japanese TV. They asked us what kind of Japanese food we liked. The interview was about 5 minutes long. Honestly, you see people with cameras and microphones all the time in Shibuya so I thought nothing of it.... and then someone (a Japanese friend) said that she saw me on TV! I'm not sure what channel or show it was for though.

No comments:

Post a Comment