Friday, October 21, 2011

another reunion!

I went out to dinner with my old teacher and her parents. (I realize that 'old teacher' is probably not the best way of phrasing it.. she was my 1st and 2nd grade teacher)  She was my first and second grade teacher at Seigakuin International School in Atlanta. I first met her parents and her siblings when I went with her to Japan in 1999 and again in 2001. Since it had been about 10 years since we'd seen each other last it was very fun. One of the first things her mom asked me was if I still liked cereal (apparently that was all I would eat during my stay with them, so that's what she remembers most). It was nice to be able to catch up and chit chat, mostly in Japanese but with some Japanglish thrown in. The weirdest part was that I was able to have a beer (and wine!) with my first grade teacher.. and her parents. Honestly, how many people can say they've done that?

No comments:

Post a Comment