Monday, June 25, 2012

Odaiba

In the middle of rainy season, though I'm not entirely sure I know what that means. I was expecting downpours everyday but apart from a few typhoons and tropical storms, it's been mostly cloudy with a few sunny days here and there. To make the most of our last remaining month-ish in Japan, Emelie and I have been scouring guidebooks for things we haven't done/seen/been to yet (turns out there isn't much). We decided to go to Odaiba and visit an onsen(hot springs) for the day (we assumed it would be raining)... but it wasn't. Plus I had a henna tattoo drawn on my arm, I might have been able to hide it from the staff, but since tattoos are not allowed in most public bath houses we figured we shouldn't risk it. 


So we went to the beach instead! It looks deserted, it's probably because it was about midday on a Thursday - the only other people out were on their lunch breaks or heading back to the office.


it felt so nice to sink our toes into the sand though!


There was a nice boardwalk where we enjoyed a nice picnic..


and had a goofy photo shoot!


After we'd have enough of the sun we went to one of the many arcades that Odaiba is known for!

No comments:

Post a Comment